We spend a large amount of our lives working. Because of this, it is important to make sure that we are maintaining our full health-and-wellness potential while we are in the workplace. Fortunately, at PREP Performance Center, we offer Workplace Wellness Programs in order to help patients remain healthy while they are working. To learn more about these specialized programs, contact our Chicago physical therapy office today!
What are Workplace Wellness Programs?
At PREP Performance Center, these programs are employed in order to enhance an employee’s happiness, satisfaction, and overall wellness in the workplace. They have also helped in increasing employee awareness and compliance with health and wellness activities throughout the workplace. Our program promotes healthy mental, emotional, and physical well-being through various opportunities offered to employees. Some integral aspects of our Workplace Wellness program at PREP Performance Center include:
- Baseline Biometric Screening. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this test measures your baseline of physical attributes, such as height, weight, blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol, and more. It is a basic health assessment to see where your average range falls, and to see if the workplace has an effect on anything.
- Baseline Movement Assessment. Much like the baseline biometric screening, a baseline movement assessment evaluates the movement and function of your body. Everyone moves in different ways, and this type of assessment can help determine if there are any areas at risk of sustaining an injury while you’re on the job.
- Wellness Questionnaire. This type of questionnaire helps in determining one’s overall wellbeing. It may include diet, exercise, underlying conditions, or specific lifestyle choices. It helps to assess your quality of health and how the workplace may be affecting it.
- Job Satisfaction Survey. General happiness and satisfaction with certain aspects of one’s life can have a huge impact on health and wellness. Job satisfaction surveys help an employee voice any concerns they may have with their job, in addition to allowing employers to see issues in the workplace and facilitate solutions for change. When an employee is satisfied with their job, they tend to make healthier lifestyle choices, as well.
- Nutritional Consult. It is no secret that working full time can make maintaining a healthy diet challenging. Meeting with a nutritional consultant can help an employee manage nutritional meals around their busy schedule, in addition to promoting a healthy metabolism, body weight, and immune response.
- Wellness Newsletter. Sometimes a work/life balance can be difficult to maintain. Wellness newsletters help in providing education, support, and resources to employees in order to help them live healthy and happy lives both inside and outside of the workplace.
- On-Site Access to Physical Therapy. Having direct access to physical therapy treatments can be extremely beneficial, especially in cases of work-related pain or injury. On-site access to physical therapy can help in providing safe, convenient, and quick treatment for any pain an employee may develop.
How will Workplace Wellness Programs benefit me?
Workplace Wellness Programs have multiple proven benefits. For example, participation in our Wellness Programs at PREP Performance Center have resulted in a 25% reduction in absenteeism, health care costs, and Workers’ Compensation Claims. That equates to an approximate $3-6 return on investment for every $1 invested into the program. Additionally, has been an average of 50% increase in productivity for employees who participate in the program.
If you are interested in promoting health and wellness in the workplace and/or making your work/life balance more manageable, contact us at Lincoln Square, Irving Park, Lakeview, Horner Park, Roscoe Village & Ravenswood Chicago, IL centers today! Our Chicago physical therapists will be happy to meet with you and get you started on the first steps of the program.