PREP Performance Academy – A 6-week Athletic Performance Combine. A sports performance and injury prevention program for grade school and high school athletes designed to address the mental, emotional and physical aspects of athletic performance. You will learn from former collegiate athletes and professionals now in the field on how to become an elite athlete.
Train like the pros and learn how to:
- utilize mental preparation techniques
- goal setting
- how to manage emotions during athletic challenges
- incorporate injury prevention exercises into your workout regimen
- reduce your risk of injury
If you want to be the best, you need to train like the best!
- Pre-season training to prepare athletes for a safe and successful season
- Improve strength, stability, and body awareness
- Improve jumping/landing/cutting techniques
- Reduce injury risk for ACL injuries
- Reduce risk for overuse injuries such as shin splints, stress fractures, knee, hip, and back pain.
- Reduce frequency of non-contact injuries
- Introduce and refine the values of sports participation… work ethic, team building, motivation, mental focus, vulnerability, perseverance, resilience, coachability, self-confidence, communication, and goal setting
Overview of the PREP Performance Academy (PPA)
Day 1 – Combine Testing
- Get a Baseline – Measure your athletic performance and Risk Index with a day of combined testing using our ARSI Movement Assessment.
- Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 40-Yard Dash, Shuttle Run, and more sport-specific assessments
Day 2 – Sports Psychology and Mental Preparation
- Get Your Head in the Game – 1-hour session with a sports psychologist to introduce mental preparation techniques such as mindfulness, mental imagery, coping strategies, and performance-based focus techniques
Day 3 – Nutrition and Performance
- Get the Proper Fuel – 1-hour session with a nutrition expert to understand how to properly power an athlete’s body. Learn easy meal prep ideas of athletes of all ages, the best quick and easy snacks, and how eating can help you stay on top.
Day 4-15 – Performance and Prevention
Day 16 – Follow-up Combine Testing
If you are ready to up your game and be the best athlete you can be, contact PREP Performance Center in Lincoln Square, Irving Park, Lakeview, Horner Park, Roscoe Village & Ravenswood Chicago, IL for more information about our Prep Performance Academy.
Virtual PREP Performance Academy
Irish Dance Assessment and 6-week Injury Prevention & Performance Program
Gymnastics Virtual Assessment and 6-week Injury Prevention and Performance Program
ACL rehab Virtual Assessment
1-year Rehabilitation and Return to Sport Program
Progression to subsequent phases upon assessment with patient’s Doctor of Physical Therapist