Avoiding pain isn’t enough anymore, but what can be done? From playing with your kids to improving your golf swing, incorporating a strength program into your routine will have tremendous benefits on your life. You’ll feel better than ever and be able to go about your daily activities with ease. Be sure to try out some of the exercises, listed at the end, at home or at your local gym. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of participating in a strength program!
What are the benefits of a strength program?
- Adding stress to the bones can increase the density, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- While you can lose, gain, or maintain weight by exercising, you can also improve your metabolism. Increasing the metabolism will help burn more calories throughout the day.
Enhanced Quality of Life
- Strength training allows you to improve your ability to do everyday activities. It’s also a great way to prevent injuries from happening that could limit you at work, sport, or everyday life.
Chronic Condition Management
- Conditions such as back pain, obesity, heart disease, and depression can all be managed through strength training.
Sharpen Thinking Skills
- Regularly participating in strength training may help improve skills in older adults such as thinking and learning.
Unlock your body’s full potential and improve your flexibility and mobility with our Basic Flexibility and Mobility Program. Download it now and start your journey towards a healthier and happier you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to move better and feel better. Click the button below to get your copy today!
How do I get started with strength training?
- Body weight – Try exercises without any weight or resistance, such as push ups, planks, squats, shoulder taps, or lateral lunges!
- Resistance tubing – To add a little resistance without using weights, try a resistance band!
- Free weights – Free weights such as dumbbells and kettlebells are great for those that can handle some weight before moving onto the weight machines.
- Weight machines – Since there are different kinds of weight machines, please look into how to properly perform exercises on the machine to prevent injury from happening. Be sure to always have someone spotting you while using weight machines.