10 Exercises to Improve Ankle Mobility and Stability
How long does it take to improve ankle mobility? What are these ankle mobility exercises physical therapy?
How common is ankle pain?
Ankle pain is very common. It’s especially for individuals that fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Are over the age of 65.
- Are overweight/obese.
- Participate in sports or activities that involve jumping, lateral movements, or agility.
How can I prevent ankle pain?
- Warm up properly to ensure muscles and soft tissues are warm and flexible to prevent injury and restore range of motion.
- Maintain a healthy weight to reduce excess pressure on joints
- Strengthen other muscles to support ankle mobility and reduce your risk of injury.
- Stop if you feel pain and see a healthcare provider if pain continues as an injury can occur or worsen.
Ankle Mobility Exercises
1. CKC Dorsiflexion with Strap
2. Single Leg Balance
3. Heel Raises (Straight Leg)
4. Heel Raises (Bent Leg)
5. Toe/Heel Walks
6. Ankle Inversion Banded
7. Ankle Eversion Banded
8. Plantar flexion Banded
9. Dorsiflexion Banded
10. Ankle Pumps
Don’t let ankle pain hold you back any longer! Schedule a phone consultation with a Doctor of Physical Therapy today, and take the first step towards healing. Don’t wait, seek help and support now to manage your injury.